This are my picks from this year’s songs competing to be Malta’s entry to the 2012 Eurovision Song Contest in Baku, Azerbaijan. This selection is merely a reflection of my personal tastes and likes rather than any direct bearing to the contest itself. There are a couple of other songs I could have included, but I’ve gone with these. I’d also be incredibly pleased if any of these songs actually ended up in the top 3. If I had to pick just one it would be Francesca Borg singing Take Me Far; she has finally found the perfect song for her amazing voice. That song gives me goosebumps every time I hear it!
Here are the songs featured in this podcast, in order of appearance:
- Wayne Micallef – Time (Wayne Micallef)
- Corazon – Mystifying Eyes (Paul Giordimaina/Fleur Balzan)
- Francesca Borg – Take Me Far (Marco Debono/Doris Chetcuti)
- Klinsmann – No Way Back (Paul Abela/Klinsmann Coleiro/Jonathan Spiteri)
- Amber – Answer With Your Eyes (Ray Aguis/Alfred C. Sant)
- Annalise Ellul – Whoop It Up! (Elton Zarb/Deo Grech)
I’ll be giving some more comments to SBS Radio in Australia in the coming days, so I’ll update this post at that point to reflect some of that too, along with a link to their podcast.
The Malta Eurovision Song Contest 2012 will place at the MFCC in Ta’ Qali and broadcast live on TVM on Friday 3 & Saturday 4 February 2012.
The RSS feed for the Mużika Mod Ieħor podcast is available here or you can simply click here to subscribe directly with iTunes. You can also follow each new episode through the MMI Podcast: Facebook Fan Page or on MySpace. If you have no idea what any of this means, just enjoy listening to the podcast on the player right below this text.